21.04.2012

Wrygdwylife - Bonaparte


I want to properly learn German. I know I would be able to. I’ve got the basics, the grammar, the words, the understanding. I just don’t know how to put those elements together to form sentences. I hate when people make fun of German, when they laugh at how ugly the language is. They don’t understand, they haven’t listened close enough. Sure, almost every time German is represented in films, it’s always a kind of parody of the language. The angry sounds are exaggerated for comical effect, and the gentle, almost fluid-like sounds left out.

Sometimes, I want to fall in love with a German boy, and live in a tiny flat in Berlin. I want him to wear Doc Martens and skinny jeans. I would wear a big shirt, tights and worn out Converse. I want us to watch A Clockwork Orange as we talk about Simone de Beauvoir, my legs in his lap.

Other times I want to live in London. Fall in love with the city, be surrounded by friends. I’d work at a small café, every day hoping that tall, slender bloke would come in and read his Dead Poets Society. Isn’t it awful to love someone from afar?

I suppose I’ll just have to survive for a bit longer before I can start living again.


5 kommentarer:

  1. hej, ville bara säga att jag älskar att du har börjat blogga igen. puss!

    SvarSlett
  2. I love you and that Picture. Talk more soon. Imma Teach you german.

    SvarSlett
  3. /hei! jeg kjøpte et skjørt, en skjorte, en shorts. og en trøye. men ikke noe som er worth picturing. marlou er min nye brevvenn ja, ei jente fra nederland som jeg fant igjennom ei annen jente sin blogg jeg leser. å ha brevvenner er kjempegøy, du bør sjekke ut marlou's pen pal call, så kan du finne noen med de samme interessene som deg, og sende dem en mail og høre om de vil være din brevvenn :)

    SvarSlett
  4. http://heimarlou.blogspot.com/p/pen-pal-call.html

    SvarSlett